- Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Reporters slam White House for shouting down questions from the press pool
- We’ve never initiated an attack on any country; we want peace: interview of the Armenian Ambassador to US to Al Arabiya
- Frank Pallone congratulated on Independence Day, emphasizing significant progress made by Armenia
- We have decided to establish Park of Life, where trees symbolizing lives of all victims of Artsakh wars will be planted: Pashinyan
- Queen Elizabeth II congratulates Armenia on Independence Day
- Test news
- Անցած անգամ ասեցի՝ ինքը բոզ ա, հիմա ավելացրել եմ եւս մի կոչում՝ բիճ, բիճ Նիկոլ. Գեւորգ Պետրոսյան
- Russian peacekeepers organized the transfer of humanitarian aid to refugees and large families of remote settlements of Nagorno-Karabakh
- Susan Templeman MP supporting Australian recognition of Armenian, Assyrian and Greek Genocides
What is Happening With Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Manchester United?06:50 21 December 2017
BY VAN DER-MEGERDICHIAN
Special to Asbarez
In light of our favorite Armenian soccer player’s recent plight, many have jumped to conclusions and speculation has run rampant across both the footballing and Armenian communities.
Conjecture aside, it is evident that Henrikh Mkhitaryan has fallen out of favor with Manchester United’s manager Jose Mourinho, having been absent from the 18-man roster in eight of the last nine matches.
With the January transfer window nearly approaching, there has been much talk of whether the Armenian international will remain with Manchester United by the end of the transfer window.
Much of the discussions have included Henrikh Mkhitaryan departing the English side with many suitors available who covet his intricate style of play for he would be an immediate asset to essentially every club in Europe’s top leagues. Italian sides Inter Milan and Juventus are leading the chase for the Armenian, however the likeliest destination for Mkhitaryan seems to be the playmaker’s former club Borussia Dortmund, who are eager to have their former star and number 10 return to top form at the Signal Iduna Park.
However, with recent news linking the Armenian to his former club in Germany, Manchester United’s manager in his latest press conference revealed that Henrikh Mkhitaryan may be given a chance to impress at Ashton Gate in a league cup fixture against Bristol City on Wednesday, December 20th.
Having not started a match since November 5, the Armenian is licking his lips at a chance to re-establish himself within the starting lineup in an attempt to return to his early season form.
The time seems ripe for Mkhitaryan, as December is what all Premier League football fans look forward to, where many of the teams have up to eight fixtures during the Christmas season, including four games within the next 10 days for Manchester United. Hopefully Jose Mourinho will shuffle his roster and as a result we will see lots of the crafty Armenian playmaker.
It is evident Henrikh Mkhitaryan’s talent and skillset are there, with the player being the most dominant footballer, technically and tactically in all the respective clubs and leagues he has played in whether it be Shakhtar Donetsk in the Ukrainian Premier League or Borussia Dortmund in the German Bundesliga.
Simultaneously, to completely understand the circumstance, one must comprehend the style of play and tactical approach of Jose Mourinho, the renowned Portuguese manager in charge at United. Mourinho, one of the most decorated manager’s in the history of football is known for his win-at-all-odds approach, much of which includes a largely defensive and counter-attacking system which has frozen out several extremely talented and skillful offensive players in the past such as Juan Mata, Kevin De Bruyne and Kaka.
One reason as to why the Armenian has fallen out of favor is the lack of opportunities and chances created during play for United. Mkhitaryan’s fall from grace can be traced to the injury of fellow midfielder, Paul Pogba. Mkhitaryan and Pogba, arguably two of the best in the world at their trade, have been instrumental to the team’s victories and success at the start of the season. With the injury to the French midfielder, the pressure of playmaking and creating fell solely on the shoulders of the Armenian. With all this said, there have been many players under-performing and it seems as if the Armenian is being scapegoated for the lack of production on the attacking end. Belgian forward, Romelu Lukaku’s form has also suffered but due to his hefty £75 million price tag and the manager’s hubris, he has not been subject to the same criticism the Armenian has from the manager.
We hope Mkhitaryan will be able to regain his form and make his return to starting lineup as soon as possible to help the club do what the club does best, creating stars and winning trophies. Free Mkhitaryan!
- Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-19 Pandemic 16:27 22 Sep 2021
- Reporters slam White House for shouting down questions from the press pool 16:23 22 Sep 2021
- We’ve never initiated an attack on any country; we want peace: interview of the Armenian Ambassador to US to Al Arabiya 16:20 22 Sep 2021
- Frank Pallone congratulated on Independence Day, emphasizing significant progress made by Armenia 16:19 22 Sep 2021
- We have decided to establish Park of Life, where trees symbolizing lives of all victims of Artsakh wars will be planted: Pashinyan 16:18 22 Sep 2021
- Queen Elizabeth II congratulates Armenia on Independence Day 16:17 22 Sep 2021
- Test news 00:00 24 Aug 2021
- Անցած անգամ ասեցի՝ ինքը բոզ ա, հիմա ավելացրել եմ եւս մի կոչում՝ բիճ, բիճ Նիկոլ. Գեւորգ Պետրոսյան 14:13 1 June 2021
- Russian peacekeepers organized the transfer of humanitarian aid to refugees and large families of remote settlements of Nagorno-Karabakh 09:43 26 May 2021
- Wearing masks in open-air areas will not be mandatory in Armenia from June 1 09:38 26 May 2021
- No incidents were registered in Sisian section of border: Defense Ministry 09:35 26 May 2021
- Tete-a-tete meeting of Ara Aivazian and Mohammad Javad Zarif commenced 09:30 26 May 2021
- Tensions on Armenian-Azerbaijani border demand immediate measures: CSTO Deputy Secretary General 09:25 26 May 2021
- President, Human Rights Defender discuss situation on Armenian-Azerbaijani border 09:25 26 May 2021
- Susan Templeman MP supporting Australian recognition of Armenian, Assyrian and Greek Genocides 08:39 26 May 2021
- President Armen Sarkissian received the Ambassador of France to Armenia Jonathan Lacôte 07:02 26 May 2021
- Armenian-Iranian business forum held in Tehran 06:00 26 May 2021
- Armenian Genocide Commemorative Committee Announcement 12:25 19 Mar 2021
- Billboards Call on President Biden to Recognize Armenian Genocide 12:22 19 Mar 2021
- Azerbaijan Destroying and Falsifying Historical Facts of Armenian Monuments in Occupied Territories of Artsakh 12:16 19 Mar 2021
- 06:14 19 Sep 2018 Henrikh Mkhitaryan wants Arsenal back in Champions League Henrikh Mkhitaryan works every day, every hour, every second. He wants to be stronger and continues to follow his dreams.
- 05:44 19 February 2018 Russian Curling Athlete Suspected Of Doping Leaves Winter Olympics Alexander Krushelnitsky, who won bronze in mixed-doubles curling, reportedly failed a doping test.
- 07:20 21 December 2017 Artur Aleksanyan Named Armenia’s Best Athlete of 2017 Alekasanyan won a gold medal at the World Wrestling Championship and won a bronze medal at the European Championship.
- 16:27 22 Sep 2021 Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-19 Pandemic Get vaccinated.
- 16:23 22 Sep 2021 Reporters slam White House for shouting down questions from the press pool Press pool filed a formal complaint after being denied questions
- 16:19 22 Sep 2021 Frank Pallone congratulated on Independence Day, emphasizing significant progress made by Armenia Frank Pallone, Co-Chair of the Congressional Caucus on Armenian Issues, sent a congratulatory message on Armenia's Independence Day,
- 07:49 6 Sep 2018 Franchise Conference Connects U.S. Businesses with Armenian Investors The United States Embassy in Yerevan and the U.S. Commercial Service in Moscow, in partnership with IDBank, organized a one-day conference focused on franchise business opportunities on September 5 in Yerevan.
- 07:30 25 Aug 2018 Transport Minister instructs to put more effort in North-South Highway The construction works delayed in Talin-Lanjik and Lanjik-Gyumri section of the North-South Highway should be continued faster.
- 05:40 9 November 2017 Family Living In Fear Of Landmines In Artsakh Inspires HALO Crowdfunding Campaign An innovative crowdfunding campaign to clear a minefield in Harar village in Artsakh launched on Friday.