- Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Reporters slam White House for shouting down questions from the press pool
- We’ve never initiated an attack on any country; we want peace: interview of the Armenian Ambassador to US to Al Arabiya
- Frank Pallone congratulated on Independence Day, emphasizing significant progress made by Armenia
- We have decided to establish Park of Life, where trees symbolizing lives of all victims of Artsakh wars will be planted: Pashinyan
- Queen Elizabeth II congratulates Armenia on Independence Day
- Test news
- Անցած անգամ ասեցի՝ ինքը բոզ ա, հիմա ավելացրել եմ եւս մի կոչում՝ բիճ, բիճ Նիկոլ. Գեւորգ Պետրոսյան
- Russian peacekeepers organized the transfer of humanitarian aid to refugees and large families of remote settlements of Nagorno-Karabakh
- Susan Templeman MP supporting Australian recognition of Armenian, Assyrian and Greek Genocides
‘The Promise’ Director Terry George to be Honored at ANCA-WR Banquet05:15 30 Aug 2017
GLENDALE—The Armenian National Committee of America-Western Region will award Terry George, the award-winning film director and writer of “The Promise” with the prestigious ANCA-WR Arts and Letters Award at the 2017 Annual Gala Banquet on Sunday, October 8 at the Beverly Hilton hotel in Beverly Hills, California.
“By taking on such a monumental project of portraying the human story surrounding the Armenian Genocide on the big screen with the groundbreaking film, The Promise, Terry George and his team opened a door which has been closed to filmmakers for decades and set the groundwork enabling future films to tackle this tragic chapter of modern times head-on. As Armenians, we were so proud and so emotional to finally see our story in mainstream theaters screening to wider audiences. This would not have been accomplished without Kirk Kerkorian’s sense of duty and generosity, the vision and talent of Terry George, and the long-term commitment and dedication of Eric Esrailian and his entire team. For this, we are so grateful, and the ANCA-WR Board of Directors wanted to recognize this accomplishment by honoring Terry George at our Annual Gala Banquet not only for his work on The Promise, but overall for his steadfast voice as a defender of human rights,” remarked ANCA-WR Chair Nora Hovsepian.
Terry George is a passionate director who fulfilled the vision of Kirk Kerkorian by creating a film which educated the public about the perseverance of the Armenian nation. As stated by Kerkorian’s longtime attorney, “The Promise will be a film celebrating the Armenian people and, in the context of a wonderful love story, will open the door to awareness and the championing of human rights.”
As the filming progressed, George and Survival Pictures were faced with multiple hardships, including state-sponsored Turkish efforts to sabotage its performance. In the end, however, they overcame these obstacles and ensured the movie’s successful release. The film went on to screen in the Vatican and the United States Capitol, as well as at various venues worldwide.
Terry George masterfully depicts historical sagas, whether it be the Genocide of the Armenians at the turn of the 20th Century or the Rwandan Genocide which began in the Spring of 1994. “The Promise” is a true testament to George’s commitment to truth and justice. Through the tragic love story of Michael and Anna, the film demonstrates the horrid reality of Armenians living in the Ottoman Empire in 1915. “The Promise” reveals the atrocities carried out against the Armenians, while showcasing the unsung heroes – from Ambassador Morgenthau to the Near East Relief missionaries- who jeopardized their safety to save what was left of a People at risk of obliteration.
For his tireless efforts and commitment to increasing consciousness of historically significant topics of interest to the Armenian people, Terry George is unequivocally deserving of this award. He has done everything in his power to help educate the world on sensitive Armenian issues through his passion for film production.
The 2016 ANCA-WR Annual Gala Banquet will be held on Sunday, October 8, 2017 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, in Beverly Hills, California. The main event will begin at 4:30p.m. with cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, and a silent auction. A three-course dinner will follow at 6:00 p.m. accompanied by a powerful program and presentation of awards.
Individuals interested in attending the Annual Gala Banquet are encouraged to purchase tickets or obtain individual or corporate sponsorship information online at www.ancawr.org/gala or call (818) 500-1918. For up to the minute updates on the event follow ANCA Western Region on social media: facebook.com/ANCAWesternRegion, Twitter and Instagram: ANCA_WR
The ANCA-WR Gala Banquet represents the single largest annual gathering of Armenian American public policy leaders throughout the western United States, and is attended by over 1,000 prominent Members of Congress, state legislators and officials, community leaders, and many of the organization’s strongest activists and generous donors from California, Nevada, Arizona, and throughout the western United States.
The Armenian National Committee of America-Western Region is the largest and most influential Armenian American grassroots advocacy organization in the Western United States. Working in coordination with a network of offices, chapters, and supporters throughout the Western United States and affiliated organizations around the country, the ANCA-WR advances the concerns of the Armenian American community on a broad range of issues.
- Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-19 Pandemic 16:27 22 Sep 2021
- Reporters slam White House for shouting down questions from the press pool 16:23 22 Sep 2021
- We’ve never initiated an attack on any country; we want peace: interview of the Armenian Ambassador to US to Al Arabiya 16:20 22 Sep 2021
- Frank Pallone congratulated on Independence Day, emphasizing significant progress made by Armenia 16:19 22 Sep 2021
- We have decided to establish Park of Life, where trees symbolizing lives of all victims of Artsakh wars will be planted: Pashinyan 16:18 22 Sep 2021
- Queen Elizabeth II congratulates Armenia on Independence Day 16:17 22 Sep 2021
- Test news 00:00 24 Aug 2021
- Անցած անգամ ասեցի՝ ինքը բոզ ա, հիմա ավելացրել եմ եւս մի կոչում՝ բիճ, բիճ Նիկոլ. Գեւորգ Պետրոսյան 14:13 1 June 2021
- Russian peacekeepers organized the transfer of humanitarian aid to refugees and large families of remote settlements of Nagorno-Karabakh 09:43 26 May 2021
- Wearing masks in open-air areas will not be mandatory in Armenia from June 1 09:38 26 May 2021
- No incidents were registered in Sisian section of border: Defense Ministry 09:35 26 May 2021
- Tete-a-tete meeting of Ara Aivazian and Mohammad Javad Zarif commenced 09:30 26 May 2021
- Tensions on Armenian-Azerbaijani border demand immediate measures: CSTO Deputy Secretary General 09:25 26 May 2021
- President, Human Rights Defender discuss situation on Armenian-Azerbaijani border 09:25 26 May 2021
- Susan Templeman MP supporting Australian recognition of Armenian, Assyrian and Greek Genocides 08:39 26 May 2021
- President Armen Sarkissian received the Ambassador of France to Armenia Jonathan Lacôte 07:02 26 May 2021
- Armenian-Iranian business forum held in Tehran 06:00 26 May 2021
- Armenian Genocide Commemorative Committee Announcement 12:25 19 Mar 2021
- Billboards Call on President Biden to Recognize Armenian Genocide 12:22 19 Mar 2021
- Azerbaijan Destroying and Falsifying Historical Facts of Armenian Monuments in Occupied Territories of Artsakh 12:16 19 Mar 2021
- 08:22 27 February 2018 Below are the detailed results of the international jury and tele vote from Depi Evratesil 2018. According to the "Eurovision Song Contest" rules, in case of a tie in the Jury vote, the contestant who was awarded the most "12" poiints wins.
- 07:02 21 December 2017 $3.6 Million Raised for Villages In Armenia During COAF Gala Vanessa Williams delivered a special performance of her Golden Globe and Academy Award-winning song “Colors of the Wind” and paid tribute to Patricia Field, with whom she worked with on the set of the TV series Ugly Betty.
- 06:13 20 December 2017 Kournikova and Iglesias welcome twins Anna and Enrique are not married, but have been together for 16 years.
Online Movie World
- 06:12 24 Oct 2017 Arpa Film Festival Lineup Includes Joe Berlinger’s Intent to Destroy and French Biopic Dalida Arpa International Film Festival (AIFF) has unveiled the full lineup of films being showcased this year at the historic Egyptian Theatre from November 3 to 5.
- 06:37 1 February 2016 Everest/ Watch Online It is based on the real events of the 1996 Mount Everest disaster.
- 06:57 5 December 2015 Documentary about Christiano Ronaldo Documentary about Christiano Ronaldo