- Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Reporters slam White House for shouting down questions from the press pool
- We’ve never initiated an attack on any country; we want peace: interview of the Armenian Ambassador to US to Al Arabiya
- Frank Pallone congratulated on Independence Day, emphasizing significant progress made by Armenia
- We have decided to establish Park of Life, where trees symbolizing lives of all victims of Artsakh wars will be planted: Pashinyan
- Queen Elizabeth II congratulates Armenia on Independence Day
- Test news
- Անցած անգամ ասեցի՝ ինքը բոզ ա, հիմա ավելացրել եմ եւս մի կոչում՝ բիճ, բիճ Նիկոլ. Գեւորգ Պետրոսյան
- Russian peacekeepers organized the transfer of humanitarian aid to refugees and large families of remote settlements of Nagorno-Karabakh
- Susan Templeman MP supporting Australian recognition of Armenian, Assyrian and Greek Genocides
Nikol Pashinyan attends CIS Council of Heads of State meeting in Dushanbe05:29 29 Sep 2018
Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan today participated in a regular session of the CIS Council of Heads of State in Dushanbe, the capital of Tajikistan. The event was attended by the Presidents of Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova and the Deputy Prime Minister of Turkmenistan.
The session started with a narrow format sitting, after which the discussions continued in an expanded format. The Summit first summarized this year’s cooperation results, and discussed the main vectors of future cooperation.
Particular attention was paid to the ongoing preparations for the Great Patriotic War Victory 75th Anniversary celebrations in 2020. A decision was made to issue a 75-anniversary jubilee medal.
A number of documents on multilateral cooperation were signed during the meeting. A decision was also made to transfer the CIS presidency to Turkmenistan in 2019.
The Council issued a statement on the 70th anniversary of the adoption of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. The meeting decided that Tajikistan should be the host country for the CIS Cultural Capital in 2021. 2021 was proclaimed to be the Year of Architecture and Urban Development in the CIS.
The 2019-2023 Intergovernmental Program for Combating Crime was approved, and a treaty between the CIS-member States on fight against crime in the sphere of information technologies was signed at the Summit.
Changes have been made to the Rules of Procedure of the Council of Defense Ministers of CIS-member States along with amendments to the CIS Anti-Terrorism Center regulations. The next CIS Summit will be held in Turkmenistan’s capital Ashgabat on October 11, 2019. The protocols on the decisions passed at the Summit were signed during the meeting.
During the narrow-format panel sitting, Prime Minister Pashinyan attached importance to the enhancement of cooperation within the CIS and the strengthening of ties in different directions. The head of the Armenian government pointed out that the CIS potential has not yet been tapped in full in terms of regional cooperation, and appropriate steps need to be taken to that effect.
“It will promote the competitiveness of national economies, raise the citizens’ welfare, develop humanitarian ties and strengthen human contacts,” Nikol Pashinyan emphasized.
Touching upon the Great Patriotic War Victory 75th Anniversary celebrations in 2020, the Premier said that May 9 will forever remain as the symbol of unshakable courage and unity of our peoples who fought side by side on the battlefield, waging a selfless struggle to save the world from the threat of Nazism.
“The Armenian nation has a special attitude for this Victory. Half the Armenian conscripts never returned to their homes from the appalling war. More than 70 thousand Armenian servicemen were awarded military diplomas and medals; over one hundred Armenian military were conferred upon the title of Hero of the Soviet Union.
The festive day of May 9, as well as the memory of the fallen calls on all of us to mark the 75th Anniversary with due ceremony, as well as to counter the attempts of rewriting history, making heroes of Nazi militants and propagating neo-Nazism,” the Prime Minister said.
Nikol Pashinyan underscored the importance of the statement adopted on the occasion of the 70th Anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
“The CIS is promoting cooperation in the economy and innovation, cultural and humanitarian spheres. In this respect, I would like to inform you that Yerevan will host the World IT Forum in 2019, which is to become an important platform for developing in practice scientific ties between representatives of different countries. We expect the representatives of our CIS partner countries to take an active part in this important event,” the Premier said, adding that Armenia is keen to build and develop humanitarian ties.
- Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-19 Pandemic 16:27 22 Sep 2021
- Reporters slam White House for shouting down questions from the press pool 16:23 22 Sep 2021
- We’ve never initiated an attack on any country; we want peace: interview of the Armenian Ambassador to US to Al Arabiya 16:20 22 Sep 2021
- Frank Pallone congratulated on Independence Day, emphasizing significant progress made by Armenia 16:19 22 Sep 2021
- We have decided to establish Park of Life, where trees symbolizing lives of all victims of Artsakh wars will be planted: Pashinyan 16:18 22 Sep 2021
- Queen Elizabeth II congratulates Armenia on Independence Day 16:17 22 Sep 2021
- Test news 00:00 24 Aug 2021
- Անցած անգամ ասեցի՝ ինքը բոզ ա, հիմա ավելացրել եմ եւս մի կոչում՝ բիճ, բիճ Նիկոլ. Գեւորգ Պետրոսյան 14:13 1 June 2021
- Russian peacekeepers organized the transfer of humanitarian aid to refugees and large families of remote settlements of Nagorno-Karabakh 09:43 26 May 2021
- Wearing masks in open-air areas will not be mandatory in Armenia from June 1 09:38 26 May 2021
- No incidents were registered in Sisian section of border: Defense Ministry 09:35 26 May 2021
- Tete-a-tete meeting of Ara Aivazian and Mohammad Javad Zarif commenced 09:30 26 May 2021
- Tensions on Armenian-Azerbaijani border demand immediate measures: CSTO Deputy Secretary General 09:25 26 May 2021
- President, Human Rights Defender discuss situation on Armenian-Azerbaijani border 09:25 26 May 2021
- Susan Templeman MP supporting Australian recognition of Armenian, Assyrian and Greek Genocides 08:39 26 May 2021
- President Armen Sarkissian received the Ambassador of France to Armenia Jonathan Lacôte 07:02 26 May 2021
- Armenian-Iranian business forum held in Tehran 06:00 26 May 2021
- Armenian Genocide Commemorative Committee Announcement 12:25 19 Mar 2021
- Billboards Call on President Biden to Recognize Armenian Genocide 12:22 19 Mar 2021
- Azerbaijan Destroying and Falsifying Historical Facts of Armenian Monuments in Occupied Territories of Artsakh 12:16 19 Mar 2021
- 16:17 22 Sep 2021 Queen Elizabeth II congratulates Armenia on Independence Day The message reads:
- 09:38 26 May 2021 Wearing masks in open-air areas will not be mandatory in Armenia from June 1 Wearing a mask in open-air areas will no longer be mandatory in Armenia from June 1, the Ministry of Health ingorms.
- 09:35 26 May 2021 No incidents were registered in Sisian section of border: Defense Ministry “Incidents haven’t been recorded in that sector of the borderline,” the Defense Ministry’s press release reads.
- 16:27 22 Sep 2021 Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-19 Pandemic Get vaccinated.
- 16:23 22 Sep 2021 Reporters slam White House for shouting down questions from the press pool Press pool filed a formal complaint after being denied questions
- 16:19 22 Sep 2021 Frank Pallone congratulated on Independence Day, emphasizing significant progress made by Armenia Frank Pallone, Co-Chair of the Congressional Caucus on Armenian Issues, sent a congratulatory message on Armenia's Independence Day,
- 07:49 6 Sep 2018 Franchise Conference Connects U.S. Businesses with Armenian Investors The United States Embassy in Yerevan and the U.S. Commercial Service in Moscow, in partnership with IDBank, organized a one-day conference focused on franchise business opportunities on September 5 in Yerevan.
- 07:30 25 Aug 2018 Transport Minister instructs to put more effort in North-South Highway The construction works delayed in Talin-Lanjik and Lanjik-Gyumri section of the North-South Highway should be continued faster.
- 05:40 9 November 2017 Family Living In Fear Of Landmines In Artsakh Inspires HALO Crowdfunding Campaign An innovative crowdfunding campaign to clear a minefield in Harar village in Artsakh launched on Friday.