- Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Reporters slam White House for shouting down questions from the press pool
- We’ve never initiated an attack on any country; we want peace: interview of the Armenian Ambassador to US to Al Arabiya
- Frank Pallone congratulated on Independence Day, emphasizing significant progress made by Armenia
- We have decided to establish Park of Life, where trees symbolizing lives of all victims of Artsakh wars will be planted: Pashinyan
- Queen Elizabeth II congratulates Armenia on Independence Day
- Test news
- Անցած անգամ ասեցի՝ ինքը բոզ ա, հիմա ավելացրել եմ եւս մի կոչում՝ բիճ, բիճ Նիկոլ. Գեւորգ Պետրոսյան
- Russian peacekeepers organized the transfer of humanitarian aid to refugees and large families of remote settlements of Nagorno-Karabakh
- Susan Templeman MP supporting Australian recognition of Armenian, Assyrian and Greek Genocides
Matthew Bryza: If Azerbaijani side’s position has changed, well, then MG needs to negotiate06:28 29 June 2016
Matthew Bryza, former US Ambassador to Azerbaijan, Former US Assistant Secretary of State for the South Caucasus, former OSCE MG U.S. Co-chair, Director of the International Center for Defence studies in Tallinn (Estonia), recently positively assessed the meeting of Serzh Sargyan with the presidents of Russia and Azerbaijan held in St. Petersburg on Nagorno-Karabakh issue. He stated that the summit created a beneficial psychological atmosphere for further progression of the political process. “The meeting strengthened the outcomes reached in Vienna on May 16. Decision was made to add the number of observers. The fact, that the meeting took place, it’s undoubtedly a positive fact,” he said.
However, Ilyam Aliyev, president of Azerbaijan, appeared with unexpected statements. Aliyev stated, “As for the claim of the Armenian side on installation of investigative mechanisms, there is no such a necessity at this stage. Firstly, those mechanisms don’t exist. Nobody says to us concretely what these mechanisms are. Under such case that issue won’t be proper to discuss today. Secondly, what sense does it make? If under it “freezing” of the conflict and initiating of additional operations on the contact line is understood, then Azerbaijan, surely, won’t take that step.” “168 Hours” touched upon implications of this denial of Azerbaijan with Matthew Bryza.
Mr. Bryza Azerbaijani president denied information on installation of investigative mechanisms, which basically confirmed, that such an agreement hasn’t been reached in St. Petersburg but expansion of mission of OSCE Chairperson in Office. What does this announcement mean and how might Minsk Group react to this?
Well, the Minsk Group obviously needs to sit down with president Aliyev and ask him for clarification, because what was announced after this most recent meeting of the presidents that president Putin appeared in St. Petersburg, what they had agreed to develop that mechanism. So, this information is contradictory what the outcome is, so the MG needs to clarify if the position of the Azerbaijani side has changed, well, then the MG needs to negotiate a way forward. There is so much unclear information here that it’s difficult to say much more on it specifically.
Mr. Bryza in the situation of these kind of moods what can we expect from other presidential meetings?
If what happens now is that this clarification and the MG leads a successful effort to implement what seems to have been agreed in St. Petersburg and define that incident response mechanism. The don’t seem to expect progress. But If the positions that have been agreed in St. Petersburg changed , then we are in a more difficult period, that’s the situation.
Mr. Bryza after this announcement can we assess the meeting in St. Petersburg as a progress in negotiation process?
I don’t know, and coming back to the same point over and over again, I learnt in my experience diplomatically, that in these reports there could be information that is false or misinterpreted, so we need a clear statement and I would wait for the MG to tell it basically, as the MG Co-Chairs will be in touch with the presidents directly and again if the agreements reached in St. Petersburg are being implemented then everything is very good. If the meeting agreed in St. Petersburg are not implemented it’s not so good, but I don’t have any more comment because I haven’t talked to president Aliyev. You know these reports are not entirely accurate.
- Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-19 Pandemic 16:27 22 Sep 2021
- Reporters slam White House for shouting down questions from the press pool 16:23 22 Sep 2021
- We’ve never initiated an attack on any country; we want peace: interview of the Armenian Ambassador to US to Al Arabiya 16:20 22 Sep 2021
- Frank Pallone congratulated on Independence Day, emphasizing significant progress made by Armenia 16:19 22 Sep 2021
- We have decided to establish Park of Life, where trees symbolizing lives of all victims of Artsakh wars will be planted: Pashinyan 16:18 22 Sep 2021
- Queen Elizabeth II congratulates Armenia on Independence Day 16:17 22 Sep 2021
- Test news 00:00 24 Aug 2021
- Անցած անգամ ասեցի՝ ինքը բոզ ա, հիմա ավելացրել եմ եւս մի կոչում՝ բիճ, բիճ Նիկոլ. Գեւորգ Պետրոսյան 14:13 1 June 2021
- Russian peacekeepers organized the transfer of humanitarian aid to refugees and large families of remote settlements of Nagorno-Karabakh 09:43 26 May 2021
- Wearing masks in open-air areas will not be mandatory in Armenia from June 1 09:38 26 May 2021
- No incidents were registered in Sisian section of border: Defense Ministry 09:35 26 May 2021
- Tete-a-tete meeting of Ara Aivazian and Mohammad Javad Zarif commenced 09:30 26 May 2021
- Tensions on Armenian-Azerbaijani border demand immediate measures: CSTO Deputy Secretary General 09:25 26 May 2021
- President, Human Rights Defender discuss situation on Armenian-Azerbaijani border 09:25 26 May 2021
- Susan Templeman MP supporting Australian recognition of Armenian, Assyrian and Greek Genocides 08:39 26 May 2021
- President Armen Sarkissian received the Ambassador of France to Armenia Jonathan Lacôte 07:02 26 May 2021
- Armenian-Iranian business forum held in Tehran 06:00 26 May 2021
- Armenian Genocide Commemorative Committee Announcement 12:25 19 Mar 2021
- Billboards Call on President Biden to Recognize Armenian Genocide 12:22 19 Mar 2021
- Azerbaijan Destroying and Falsifying Historical Facts of Armenian Monuments in Occupied Territories of Artsakh 12:16 19 Mar 2021
- 16:20 22 Sep 2021 We’ve never initiated an attack on any country; we want peace: interview of the Armenian Ambassador to US to Al Arabiya Makunts praised statements from the US State Department after the Nagorno-Karabakh war for the need for prisoners of war to be returned.
- 13:01 3 Mar 2018 Socially vulnerable group isn’t aware of its rights We are keen on periodically raise issues related to this social group.
- 05:44 27 Jan 2018 Everyone is responsible for protecting the human rights: Dr. Shirin Ebadi In 2009, Dr. Ebadi's award was allegedly confiscated by Iranian authorities, though this was later denied by the Iranian government.
- 16:27 22 Sep 2021 Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-19 Pandemic Get vaccinated.
- 16:23 22 Sep 2021 Reporters slam White House for shouting down questions from the press pool Press pool filed a formal complaint after being denied questions
- 16:19 22 Sep 2021 Frank Pallone congratulated on Independence Day, emphasizing significant progress made by Armenia Frank Pallone, Co-Chair of the Congressional Caucus on Armenian Issues, sent a congratulatory message on Armenia's Independence Day,
- 07:49 6 Sep 2018 Franchise Conference Connects U.S. Businesses with Armenian Investors The United States Embassy in Yerevan and the U.S. Commercial Service in Moscow, in partnership with IDBank, organized a one-day conference focused on franchise business opportunities on September 5 in Yerevan.
- 07:30 25 Aug 2018 Transport Minister instructs to put more effort in North-South Highway The construction works delayed in Talin-Lanjik and Lanjik-Gyumri section of the North-South Highway should be continued faster.
- 05:40 9 November 2017 Family Living In Fear Of Landmines In Artsakh Inspires HALO Crowdfunding Campaign An innovative crowdfunding campaign to clear a minefield in Harar village in Artsakh launched on Friday.