- Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Reporters slam White House for shouting down questions from the press pool
- We’ve never initiated an attack on any country; we want peace: interview of the Armenian Ambassador to US to Al Arabiya
- Frank Pallone congratulated on Independence Day, emphasizing significant progress made by Armenia
- We have decided to establish Park of Life, where trees symbolizing lives of all victims of Artsakh wars will be planted: Pashinyan
- Queen Elizabeth II congratulates Armenia on Independence Day
- Test news
- Անցած անգամ ասեցի՝ ինքը բոզ ա, հիմա ավելացրել եմ եւս մի կոչում՝ բիճ, բիճ Նիկոլ. Գեւորգ Պետրոսյան
- Russian peacekeepers organized the transfer of humanitarian aid to refugees and large families of remote settlements of Nagorno-Karabakh
- Susan Templeman MP supporting Australian recognition of Armenian, Assyrian and Greek Genocides
Kremlin Expects ‘Honest’ Discussion with Pashinyan07:35 6 Sep 2018
U.S. and Russia differ on March 1 Probe
MOSCOW—Russia expects an honest and serious conversation during Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan’s scheduled visit on September 8, said Russian President Vladimir Putin’s aide Yuri Ushakov, reported RIA Novosti on Wednesday.
“Many questions have accumulated from both our and the Armenian side, therefore we expect an honest and serious conversation around all those issues which relate to both bilateral cooperation, as well as cooperation in terms of EEU and CSTO,” Ushakov said.
Separately, the Kremlin’s official website has published the issues on the agenda of the September 8 meeting.
Russia’s unease about Armenia since the Velvet Revolution took on a new layer in July when former president Robert Kocharian was charged with breaching Armenia’s constitutional order in relation to the March 1, 2008 post-election standoff between security forces and protesters during which eight civilians and two police officers were killed. Key to Russia’s concern was the simultaneous charges brought against then deputy defense minister Yuri Khachaturov, who is currently the Secretary General of the Russia-led Collective Security Treaty Organization—the CSTO.
Shortly after Kocharian was remanded into custody, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov called the arrest “political” and expressed Moscow’s concern about what he called “domestic issues” in Armenia.
Lavrov renewed his “concerns” on Monday when he, once again, spoke about the criminal probe underway in Armenia.
“It is important to find out the assessment of possible outcomes of the domestic situation from the new Armenian leader himself,” said Lavrov referring to the upcoming meeting.
“We care about how Armenia’s commitments to the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) are presented in this situation. We take as the basis the certainty that these commitments are valid and subject to full implementation. That includes commitments to strengthening the reputation and the prestige of our common organization,” said Lavrov.
“We are concerned that the situation in Armenia is still far from calming down. In particular, there is an open investigation of events that happened a decade ago, arrests are happening. We consider it a domestic business of the Republic of Armenia and we want these domestic affairs to remain grounded in the law and the constitution. We also wish for them to be completed as soon as possible, so that Armenia can focus on constructive activities,” added Lavrov.
“We have been following the events that unfolded in Armenia since after the constitutional amendments on transferring all major authorities to the Prime Minister, elected by the parliament, came into force. We undertook no activities and made no statements that could be interpreted as intervention into internal affairs, even remotely. I cannot say the same about other global actors,” said Lavrov.
The Russian position is in stark contrast to that of the United States, whose representatives have continually called for an “assessment” of the March 1, 2008 events.
On Wednesday, US Ambassador to Armenia Richard Mills was asked by a reporter about his assessment of the official Moscow’s remarks about the domestic situation in Armenia.
“I have seen those [Russian] comments. It is for the Armenian government to respond to comments from the Russian government. Our view remains that there has been a need for a thorough and fair investigation into the events of March 2008, and it is important that that investigation be carried out in accordance with the rule of law and Armenian due process,” Mills told reporters on Wednesday in Yerevan.
- Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-19 Pandemic 16:27 22 Sep 2021
- Reporters slam White House for shouting down questions from the press pool 16:23 22 Sep 2021
- We’ve never initiated an attack on any country; we want peace: interview of the Armenian Ambassador to US to Al Arabiya 16:20 22 Sep 2021
- Frank Pallone congratulated on Independence Day, emphasizing significant progress made by Armenia 16:19 22 Sep 2021
- We have decided to establish Park of Life, where trees symbolizing lives of all victims of Artsakh wars will be planted: Pashinyan 16:18 22 Sep 2021
- Queen Elizabeth II congratulates Armenia on Independence Day 16:17 22 Sep 2021
- Test news 00:00 24 Aug 2021
- Անցած անգամ ասեցի՝ ինքը բոզ ա, հիմա ավելացրել եմ եւս մի կոչում՝ բիճ, բիճ Նիկոլ. Գեւորգ Պետրոսյան 14:13 1 June 2021
- Russian peacekeepers organized the transfer of humanitarian aid to refugees and large families of remote settlements of Nagorno-Karabakh 09:43 26 May 2021
- Wearing masks in open-air areas will not be mandatory in Armenia from June 1 09:38 26 May 2021
- No incidents were registered in Sisian section of border: Defense Ministry 09:35 26 May 2021
- Tete-a-tete meeting of Ara Aivazian and Mohammad Javad Zarif commenced 09:30 26 May 2021
- Tensions on Armenian-Azerbaijani border demand immediate measures: CSTO Deputy Secretary General 09:25 26 May 2021
- President, Human Rights Defender discuss situation on Armenian-Azerbaijani border 09:25 26 May 2021
- Susan Templeman MP supporting Australian recognition of Armenian, Assyrian and Greek Genocides 08:39 26 May 2021
- President Armen Sarkissian received the Ambassador of France to Armenia Jonathan Lacôte 07:02 26 May 2021
- Armenian-Iranian business forum held in Tehran 06:00 26 May 2021
- Armenian Genocide Commemorative Committee Announcement 12:25 19 Mar 2021
- Billboards Call on President Biden to Recognize Armenian Genocide 12:22 19 Mar 2021
- Azerbaijan Destroying and Falsifying Historical Facts of Armenian Monuments in Occupied Territories of Artsakh 12:16 19 Mar 2021
- 14:13 1 June 2021 Անցած անգամ ասեցի՝ ինքը բոզ ա, հիմա ավելացրել եմ եւս մի կոչում՝ բիճ, բիճ Նիկոլ. Գեւորգ Պետրոսյան Ասում է՝ հպարտ եմ, որ պարտվել ենք: Ոչ մի մեղսունակ մարդ այսպիսի բան չի կարող ասել: Արա, դու հպարտ ես, որ 7 հազար երեխու գլուխ ես կերե՞լ, արա:
- 08:12 19 Mar 2021 Human Rights Watch: Armenian POWs abused in Azerbaijani custody Human Rights Watch interviewed four former POWs who detailed their ill-treatment in custody as well as the ill-treatment of other POWs with whom they were captured or shared cells.
- 08:24 14 May 2019 Դեմ եմ բռնությանը, բայց նաև պրովակացիային եմ դեմ. Լևոն Քոչարյան «Չեմ տեսել, թե ինչ միջադեպ է եղել, հետո ինչ-որ բաներ կարդացի»։
- 07:49 6 Sep 2018 Franchise Conference Connects U.S. Businesses with Armenian Investors The United States Embassy in Yerevan and the U.S. Commercial Service in Moscow, in partnership with IDBank, organized a one-day conference focused on franchise business opportunities on September 5 in Yerevan.
- 07:30 25 Aug 2018 Transport Minister instructs to put more effort in North-South Highway The construction works delayed in Talin-Lanjik and Lanjik-Gyumri section of the North-South Highway should be continued faster.
- 05:40 9 November 2017 Family Living In Fear Of Landmines In Artsakh Inspires HALO Crowdfunding Campaign An innovative crowdfunding campaign to clear a minefield in Harar village in Artsakh launched on Friday.
- 16:18 22 Sep 2021 We have decided to establish Park of Life, where trees symbolizing lives of all victims of Artsakh wars will be planted: Pashinyan The Tree of Life, symbolizing the martyrs and their lives sacrifices for the homeland will crown the park.
- 09:43 26 May 2021 Russian peacekeepers organized the transfer of humanitarian aid to refugees and large families of remote settlements of Nagorno-Karabakh In addition to goods and products, families were given individual medical kits, which include a small set of the most essential medicines and dressings.
26 May 2021
Tensions on Armenian-Azerbaijani border demand immediate measures: CSTO Deputy Secretary General
Speaking at the meeting of the joint headquarters of the organization, Semerikov noted that the prospect of a long-term peace is strengthened by the activities of the Russian peacekeeping troops and the ongoing negotiation process.