- Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Reporters slam White House for shouting down questions from the press pool
- We’ve never initiated an attack on any country; we want peace: interview of the Armenian Ambassador to US to Al Arabiya
- Frank Pallone congratulated on Independence Day, emphasizing significant progress made by Armenia
- We have decided to establish Park of Life, where trees symbolizing lives of all victims of Artsakh wars will be planted: Pashinyan
- Queen Elizabeth II congratulates Armenia on Independence Day
- Test news
- Անցած անգամ ասեցի՝ ինքը բոզ ա, հիմա ավելացրել եմ եւս մի կոչում՝ բիճ, բիճ Նիկոլ. Գեւորգ Պետրոսյան
- Russian peacekeepers organized the transfer of humanitarian aid to refugees and large families of remote settlements of Nagorno-Karabakh
- Susan Templeman MP supporting Australian recognition of Armenian, Assyrian and Greek Genocides
Everyone is responsible for protecting the human rights: Dr. Shirin Ebadi05:44 27 Jan 2018
Dr. Shirin Ebadi is an Iranian lawyer, former judge and human rights activist. On 10 October 2003, Dr. Ebadi was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for her significant and pioneering efforts for democracy and human rights, especially women's, children's and refugee rights. She was the first Iranian to ever receive the prize. In 2009, Dr. Ebadi's award was allegedly confiscated by Iranian authorities, though this was later denied by the Iranian government. If true, she would be the first person in the history of the Nobel Prize whose award has been forcibly seized by state authorities.
You are active in the field of human rights. In your opinion, what’s the most pressing human rights issue now?
The problem is that absolutely all human rights must be respected by all people across the world. Everyone is responsible for protecting the human rights. Governments, civic institutions, and each and every person. For example, look at the status of refugees in today's world. You see, a refugee who entered a country has fled the war. The government must help them, also both the civic institutions and even the people themselves are duty-bound.
Humanitarian institutions have tried to improve the situation. Do you think that they have succeeded in this?
Yes, I think so. Awards like the Aurora Prize remind us that if people hadn't been sensitive and responsive, we would all have fallen into the overwhelming cruelty that would have spread widely across the world, and could even have turned into genocide, like the one that the Armenians endured. If the world had paid attention to the Armenian Genocide, we probably wouldn’t have experienced other genocides, like the one that happened in Africa, Holocaust, or the one that the Palestinian people saw.
In your opinion, what do modern women all around the world need the most and how can we make sure they get it?
Unfortunately, women all around the globe are subject to discrimination, and this discrimination takes very different forms. The women who are originally from the patriarchal communities, and when we say patriarchal community or culture, we don't refer to the sex issues, we mean it's a culture that doesn't accept the concept of gender equality. In this culture, women are oppressed in families and democracy is rejected. The worse the position of a woman is, the farther the country is from democracy. However, in comparison with the situation 15 years back, patriarchy has definitely decreased.
- Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-19 Pandemic 16:27 22 Sep 2021
- Reporters slam White House for shouting down questions from the press pool 16:23 22 Sep 2021
- We’ve never initiated an attack on any country; we want peace: interview of the Armenian Ambassador to US to Al Arabiya 16:20 22 Sep 2021
- Frank Pallone congratulated on Independence Day, emphasizing significant progress made by Armenia 16:19 22 Sep 2021
- We have decided to establish Park of Life, where trees symbolizing lives of all victims of Artsakh wars will be planted: Pashinyan 16:18 22 Sep 2021
- Queen Elizabeth II congratulates Armenia on Independence Day 16:17 22 Sep 2021
- Test news 00:00 24 Aug 2021
- Անցած անգամ ասեցի՝ ինքը բոզ ա, հիմա ավելացրել եմ եւս մի կոչում՝ բիճ, բիճ Նիկոլ. Գեւորգ Պետրոսյան 14:13 1 June 2021
- Russian peacekeepers organized the transfer of humanitarian aid to refugees and large families of remote settlements of Nagorno-Karabakh 09:43 26 May 2021
- Wearing masks in open-air areas will not be mandatory in Armenia from June 1 09:38 26 May 2021
- No incidents were registered in Sisian section of border: Defense Ministry 09:35 26 May 2021
- Tete-a-tete meeting of Ara Aivazian and Mohammad Javad Zarif commenced 09:30 26 May 2021
- Tensions on Armenian-Azerbaijani border demand immediate measures: CSTO Deputy Secretary General 09:25 26 May 2021
- President, Human Rights Defender discuss situation on Armenian-Azerbaijani border 09:25 26 May 2021
- Susan Templeman MP supporting Australian recognition of Armenian, Assyrian and Greek Genocides 08:39 26 May 2021
- President Armen Sarkissian received the Ambassador of France to Armenia Jonathan Lacôte 07:02 26 May 2021
- Armenian-Iranian business forum held in Tehran 06:00 26 May 2021
- Armenian Genocide Commemorative Committee Announcement 12:25 19 Mar 2021
- Billboards Call on President Biden to Recognize Armenian Genocide 12:22 19 Mar 2021
- Azerbaijan Destroying and Falsifying Historical Facts of Armenian Monuments in Occupied Territories of Artsakh 12:16 19 Mar 2021
- 16:20 22 Sep 2021 We’ve never initiated an attack on any country; we want peace: interview of the Armenian Ambassador to US to Al Arabiya Makunts praised statements from the US State Department after the Nagorno-Karabakh war for the need for prisoners of war to be returned.
- 13:01 3 Mar 2018 Socially vulnerable group isn’t aware of its rights We are keen on periodically raise issues related to this social group.
13 Oct 2017
“This is one of the backbone and fundamental bills”
New legislative provisions concerning the military service anticipate essential changes in the field of army recruitment, and military service, including the organization of combat duty.
- 16:27 22 Sep 2021 Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-19 Pandemic Get vaccinated.
- 16:23 22 Sep 2021 Reporters slam White House for shouting down questions from the press pool Press pool filed a formal complaint after being denied questions
- 16:19 22 Sep 2021 Frank Pallone congratulated on Independence Day, emphasizing significant progress made by Armenia Frank Pallone, Co-Chair of the Congressional Caucus on Armenian Issues, sent a congratulatory message on Armenia's Independence Day,
- 07:49 6 Sep 2018 Franchise Conference Connects U.S. Businesses with Armenian Investors The United States Embassy in Yerevan and the U.S. Commercial Service in Moscow, in partnership with IDBank, organized a one-day conference focused on franchise business opportunities on September 5 in Yerevan.
- 07:30 25 Aug 2018 Transport Minister instructs to put more effort in North-South Highway The construction works delayed in Talin-Lanjik and Lanjik-Gyumri section of the North-South Highway should be continued faster.
- 05:40 9 November 2017 Family Living In Fear Of Landmines In Artsakh Inspires HALO Crowdfunding Campaign An innovative crowdfunding campaign to clear a minefield in Harar village in Artsakh launched on Friday.