- Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Reporters slam White House for shouting down questions from the press pool
- We’ve never initiated an attack on any country; we want peace: interview of the Armenian Ambassador to US to Al Arabiya
- Frank Pallone congratulated on Independence Day, emphasizing significant progress made by Armenia
- We have decided to establish Park of Life, where trees symbolizing lives of all victims of Artsakh wars will be planted: Pashinyan
- Queen Elizabeth II congratulates Armenia on Independence Day
- Test news
- Անցած անգամ ասեցի՝ ինքը բոզ ա, հիմա ավելացրել եմ եւս մի կոչում՝ բիճ, բիճ Նիկոլ. Գեւորգ Պետրոսյան
- Russian peacekeepers organized the transfer of humanitarian aid to refugees and large families of remote settlements of Nagorno-Karabakh
- Susan Templeman MP supporting Australian recognition of Armenian, Assyrian and Greek Genocides
Armenia, Iran Look to Enhance Cooperation07:18 11 Oct 2017
TEHRAN, Iran – During his two day trip to Iran, Armenian Prime Minister Karen Karapetian met with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, First Vice President Es’haq Jahangiri, Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani, and representatives of the local Armenian community. In addition to his meetings, three memorandums of understanding were signed during a ceremony that took place throughout his visit.
Prime Minister Karapetian met with the Iranian President on October 10 at the Presidential palace where he thanked Rouhani for the reception and conveyed the greetings of Armenian President Serzh Sarkisian.
“Armenia attaches great importance to the warm and friendly relations with Iran, which have serious historical grounds and are based on mutual interests,” said Karapetian. “I can state with satisfaction that these relations are at the high level and that the bilateral cooperation only continues to develop.”
In turn, President Rouhani expressed confidence that his visit will contribute to further deepening the Armenian-Iranian friendly ties in different spheres. The Iranian President added that he is ready to assist the initiative of the governments of the two countries, as well as the implementation of joint programs.
The sides highlighted deepening and expanding the cooperation in a number fields including energy, agriculture, IT, tourism, Syunik and Aras free economic zones, as well as increasing the trade turnover volumes between the two countries.
Karapetian also emphasized the high level of political dialogue that has been achieved between Armenia and Iran. In addition, the sides discussed the Nagorno Karabakh conflict settlement and regional affairs. Karapetian said Armenia highly appreciates Iran’s balanced stance on the Karabakh conflict, which is an important indicator of ensuring regional peace and security.
The Iranian President conveyed his warm greetings to the Armenian President and the Armenian people and highly appreciated the role of the Armenian community in development of different spheres of Iran.
The memorandums of understanding were signed on October 9 in veterinary, culture and art, and science and technology, according to IRNA.
In Karapetian’s meeting with Iranian Parliament Speaker Larijani, the plan of the two nations to establish a free trade zone in the border region to enhance mutual economic and trade ties was discussed, reported Tasnim news agency.
“Yerevan has invited Eurasian and European parties to get involved in the free trade zone trade and economic activities,” said Karapetian.
“The free trade zone would be of significance for foreign businesses given its proximity to Iran,” he said, adding that Iranian merchants could lead to an economic boom in the zone by taking an active role.
Karapetian expressed Armenia’s willingness to form a new type of relations with Iran with a new outlook.
Ali Larijani stressed the need to continue strengthening economic cooperation and expand ties between the parliaments of the two countries.
“Iran and Armenia enjoy deeply-rooted ties of friendship, and our goal is to build on the ongoing political and economic cooperation. In the face of today’s critical situations, there is a need for more consultation with each other, and I would like to express my satisfaction with the current level of parliamentary cooperation. I am hopeful that your visit will give new impetus to bilateral relations,” Larijani said.
Following his meeting with Iran’s First Vice President, Karapetian stated that Armenia is ready to offer Iranian partners all privileged trade regimes it enjoys.
“We are interested in the involvement of Iranian business, capital in Armenia. We are willing to step up the level of bilateral trade turnover and remain committed to eliminating all barriers we may face on that road,” said the Armenian Prime Minister.
“We are thankful to our Iranian counterparts for their position on the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. I feel that our Iranian partners have a clear idea of what to do in other platforms, including the intergovernmental commission,” he added.
Es’haq Jahangiri noted, in turn that “the two countries are in the same cultural, civilizational and geographical region, and the relations between the two stem from the depths of centuries and are based on the two peoples’ cultural commonalities.”
“We have no restrictions on cooperation with Armenia in the political, economic and cultural spheres, and the visit of the Honorable Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia may play a special role in the development of relations between the two countries in political, economic and cultural spheres,” Iran’s First Vice-President noted.
“Since the Republic of Armenia is a member of the Eurasian Economic Union and has good relations with the European Union, this platform can be positive for the development of relations between the two countries,” said Jahangiri.
“For those companies engaged in transport contracting, construction and economic sectors, an agreement has been reached to create favorable conditions for expanded activities. Armenia can become one of the transport corridors passing through the Persian Gulf to the Black Sea,” he stressed.
“In the framework of the Gas and Electricity Swap Program, we have envisaged the construction of the third high-voltage power transmission line. In addition, the agreements reached today can bolster the development of cooperation,” he added.
“I think that our private sector representatives can benefit from the conditions created, while the availability of free economic zones in both countries can also be a boost to business cooperation,” the Vice-President concluded.
The Armenian Prime Minister concluded his visit with a meeting with the representatives of the local Armenian community at the Ararat Sports and Cultural Complex. During this meeting, he presented the details and results of his visit.
Karapetian stressed that Armenia has great potential for economic cooperation with Iran and there are various proposals already being implemented.
“I suggest you become a strong bridge between Armenia and Iran not only for patriotic motives, but also through profitable business projects,” said Karapetian. “I am convinced that there are opportunities to implement profitable programs in Armenia, and my government will support any such undertaking.”
He also discussed the economic growth that has already taken place in Armenia as well as the reforms initiated by the Armenian government to provide favorable conditions for businesses.
“We are determined to develop transparency and equal conditions for our country’s economy and business. I am confident that we have all the necessary prerequisites to meet the growth target,” said Karapetian.
The Prime Minister concluded the meeting by answering a number of questions concerning the development of Armenian-Iranian economic cooperation, the programs implemented in Armenia, the planned steps and projects in industry, tourism, transport, education, science, culture, as well as the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
- Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-19 Pandemic 16:27 22 Sep 2021
- Reporters slam White House for shouting down questions from the press pool 16:23 22 Sep 2021
- We’ve never initiated an attack on any country; we want peace: interview of the Armenian Ambassador to US to Al Arabiya 16:20 22 Sep 2021
- Frank Pallone congratulated on Independence Day, emphasizing significant progress made by Armenia 16:19 22 Sep 2021
- We have decided to establish Park of Life, where trees symbolizing lives of all victims of Artsakh wars will be planted: Pashinyan 16:18 22 Sep 2021
- Queen Elizabeth II congratulates Armenia on Independence Day 16:17 22 Sep 2021
- Test news 00:00 24 Aug 2021
- Անցած անգամ ասեցի՝ ինքը բոզ ա, հիմա ավելացրել եմ եւս մի կոչում՝ բիճ, բիճ Նիկոլ. Գեւորգ Պետրոսյան 14:13 1 June 2021
- Russian peacekeepers organized the transfer of humanitarian aid to refugees and large families of remote settlements of Nagorno-Karabakh 09:43 26 May 2021
- Wearing masks in open-air areas will not be mandatory in Armenia from June 1 09:38 26 May 2021
- No incidents were registered in Sisian section of border: Defense Ministry 09:35 26 May 2021
- Tete-a-tete meeting of Ara Aivazian and Mohammad Javad Zarif commenced 09:30 26 May 2021
- Tensions on Armenian-Azerbaijani border demand immediate measures: CSTO Deputy Secretary General 09:25 26 May 2021
- President, Human Rights Defender discuss situation on Armenian-Azerbaijani border 09:25 26 May 2021
- Susan Templeman MP supporting Australian recognition of Armenian, Assyrian and Greek Genocides 08:39 26 May 2021
- President Armen Sarkissian received the Ambassador of France to Armenia Jonathan Lacôte 07:02 26 May 2021
- Armenian-Iranian business forum held in Tehran 06:00 26 May 2021
- Armenian Genocide Commemorative Committee Announcement 12:25 19 Mar 2021
- Billboards Call on President Biden to Recognize Armenian Genocide 12:22 19 Mar 2021
- Azerbaijan Destroying and Falsifying Historical Facts of Armenian Monuments in Occupied Territories of Artsakh 12:16 19 Mar 2021
- 07:49 6 Sep 2018 Franchise Conference Connects U.S. Businesses with Armenian Investors The United States Embassy in Yerevan and the U.S. Commercial Service in Moscow, in partnership with IDBank, organized a one-day conference focused on franchise business opportunities on September 5 in Yerevan.
- 07:30 25 Aug 2018 Transport Minister instructs to put more effort in North-South Highway The construction works delayed in Talin-Lanjik and Lanjik-Gyumri section of the North-South Highway should be continued faster.
- 05:40 9 November 2017 Family Living In Fear Of Landmines In Artsakh Inspires HALO Crowdfunding Campaign An innovative crowdfunding campaign to clear a minefield in Harar village in Artsakh launched on Friday.
- 14:13 1 June 2021 Անցած անգամ ասեցի՝ ինքը բոզ ա, հիմա ավելացրել եմ եւս մի կոչում՝ բիճ, բիճ Նիկոլ. Գեւորգ Պետրոսյան Ասում է՝ հպարտ եմ, որ պարտվել ենք: Ոչ մի մեղսունակ մարդ այսպիսի բան չի կարող ասել: Արա, դու հպարտ ես, որ 7 հազար երեխու գլուխ ես կերե՞լ, արա:
- 08:12 19 Mar 2021 Human Rights Watch: Armenian POWs abused in Azerbaijani custody Human Rights Watch interviewed four former POWs who detailed their ill-treatment in custody as well as the ill-treatment of other POWs with whom they were captured or shared cells.
- 08:24 14 May 2019 Դեմ եմ բռնությանը, բայց նաև պրովակացիային եմ դեմ. Լևոն Քոչարյան «Չեմ տեսել, թե ինչ միջադեպ է եղել, հետո ինչ-որ բաներ կարդացի»։